Crispy Cauliflower with Parmesan
This time we will take a look on some of the interesting facts about Cauliflower.
The latin name is Brassica oleracea and belongs to a familiy of cabbages.There is more than a hundred typs of cauliflower in colours, shapes, size and taste.
This super healthy vegetable can be consumed raw, cooked or pickled.It is recomended to cook it max 20 min, because later about 75% of the nutritional values are lost. Growing of the cauliflower started in Turkey about 600 years B.C and it came to Europe first in 16th Century, in USA only in the start of 20th Century.
Today, the biggest production is in China and India (about 25 million of tons ina year), USA and then Europe.
When we look on the aspect what this plant can offer to our health, we could write about those things long pages.
Here are the most important details: very powerful antioxidant, high in dietary fibers, vitamin C,K and more kind of B vitamins, you can have a good amount of manganese, potassium and magnesium. If you want low calories in the food, use cauliflower! It can be cooked as a side dish instead of rice or potato and there are so many varietis how to prepare this lovely veggie.
Ingredients for Crispy Cauliflower with Parmesan:
1 Cauliflower ( about 500g )
1/2 tsp Himalayan Salt
1/2 tsp ground Black Pepper
1/2 tsp Bouillon Powder
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 cup of grated Parmesan Cheese (about 100 g )
Preparation of the Crispy Cauliflower with Parmesan:
- Preheat the Oven on 200 degrees
- Remove the leaves from the Cauliflower and separate the small flowers and wash it well.
- The Glass Baking Dish spray with a bit Olive Oil and Place the Cauliflower parts in it.
- Mix the spices and sprinkle on the Cauliflower then spray Olive Oil on it.
- Bake about 30 minutes, take out from Oven, sprinkle with Parmesan and bake 5-10 more minutes.
Preparation time: less then 1 hour
Amount: for 4 person