Creamy Vegetarian Kohlrabi Stew
Vegetarian Stew from Kohlrabi dices with creamy light flavor will make your day! The Parsley leaves are making it even better. #Kohlrabi on another name German Turnip is a cultivar of wild cabbage which can be eaten raw or cooked. Interesting fact is that this strange and special vegetable contains more vitamin C than an orange.
This is not so usual way of making stew, but we make this kind of side dishes very often for rich vitamin and fiber source of our everyday life! Kohlrabi is used a lot in Indian kitchen mixed with different spices, it is good for mixing with other veggies for soups, salads or stews.
A small tip for you: instead of Sour Cream, you can dense it with a mixture of flour and water which you add on the end of the recipe, and you can get the Vegan variety of this meal.
Ingredients for Creamy Vegetarian Kohlrabi Stew:
3 Kohlrabies (1kg)
2 Garlic Cloves
180 ml Sour Cream
1 tsp Himalayan Salt
1/2 tsp ground Black Pepper
1 bunch of fresh Parsley leaves
100 ml Oil
Preparation of the Creamy Vegetarian Kohlrabi Stew:
- Peel and dice the Onion and Garlic.
- Peel the Kohlrabies, cut them into rings and then dice them.
- Sautée on Oil the Onlion and Garlic a few minutes and add Salt and Pepper
- Add the Kohlrabi, then add enough Water to cover the amount of the Kohlrabi. Cook about 20 minutes, actually until the Water evaporates.
- Add the Sour Cream and the choped Persley leaves, mix all well and leave to cook a few minutes more.
Try to bring something new to your kitchen sometimes, spice your everyday life with the challenges of Creamy flavors! Enjoy Your Meal!
Preparation time: about 1 hour
Amount: for 4 person